To be successful in your blogging career you must have to generate decent organic traffic to your blog. By the term "organic traffic" I mean the traffic which comes to your blog through search engines like Google. If you are a new blogger then you should be aware with the Google Webmaster Tools. This is a great tool which is provided by Google itself. It helps your blog being indexed in Google and improve its crawling rate. You just need to verify your blog ownership in Google Webmaster Tools and then submit a simple sitemap. It is very important to submit blogger sitemap to Google in terms of SEO which tells Google about your blog and its content. Whenever you update your blog with new posts, your sitemap helps to index them easily in search engines. This is the topic of my today's post. Let see how to add blogger sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools.
Submit Blogger Sitemap To Google Webmaster ToolsBelow are some easy steps you have to go through in terms to submit your blogspot blog sitemap.
- Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools.
- Click on the blog title for which you want to add sitemap.
- Click on sitemap button as shown below.
- At the top right corner of the page, press Add/Test sitemap button.
- Once you click on the button, a small box will appear as shown in the screenshot below.
- Add the below code in the text field.
atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500This is the sitemap code for your blogger blog which you need to add.
- Press "Submit Sitemap" button.
- Refresh the page.
Note: The above sitemap will work for 500 posts only. If you have more than 500 posts published in your blog, then you have to add one more sitemap. Whole procedure will be same but at this time you have to add this code.